Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mistborn: The Well of Ascension

By Brandon SandersonSo I realized a few other things that I like about these books:

1) The plot is fast paced. And not in a bad way. Sometimes authors tend to throw in action packed scenes or mushy details that are interesting but don't really move the story along. This story is always moving along. And it doesn't bog down. There are battles and action, but it is very practical without being dry.

2) I think I mention this in the post about the first book. But the characters doubt themselves. And realize that they don't always know what they are doing or what to believe in. But they keep trying to do what they think is right anyway.

3) The author worked out the entire story before he started writing. I like when the fantasy world that is created is well thought out. Lord of the Rings style. Without writing each little detail down and explaining it so minutely.

No comments: