Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mistborn: The Hero of Ages

By Brandon Sanderson
Do you notice that I haven't told you much about the plot of the book yet? That's because it is complicated and detailed and I would give a lot away if I described it to you. But those of you who know me know that I care a lot about how a story ends. Let me tell you that this story, the third and final book, ends perfectly. Not a mushy, happy, fairy tale ending. That wouldn't fit with the book and realness of the characters. But not a sad, hopeless ending either. The end of the story perfectly matches the bulk of the saga. Full of struggle and tragedy and perseverance and strength and hope.

P.S. I read the ending. And then the next day picked up the book and reread the last 6 or 7 chapters again. Just because I wanted to experience it one more time.

1 comment:

Kimball Family said...

I'm glad you enjoyed my favorite books. :)