Friday, December 25, 2009

The Lost Symbol

By Dan BrownIf you liked Dan Brown's other books you will like this one. More of the same style of writing, "smart thriller", I think is one of the quotes on the cover of the book. Robert Langdon is the main character in this one as well, with The Lost Symbol taking place after Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code. The subject matter of this one focused on the Masons and Noetics, a newer branch of science. I did find myself interested in the science aspects of it, ALMOST enough to prompt me to go do some research on Noetics and the Masons. Just to see how much was fact and how much was fiction. It is funny, I feel the same way after reading all of Dan Brown's books. I am curious and want to know how much is fact and how much is fiction. And I think once or twice about researching the topic more. And then I decide that I really don't care. What does that say about me?

No comments: