Monday, September 22, 2008

Lord of the Flies

By William Golding

So I've been a little behind with my book posting lately. As the rush before school started, I began cramming as much reading in as possible. Which left little room for posting about my reading. But I am going to try and get caught up.

We read Lord of the Flies for our book club this month, but then none of us could find a time to meet. I have read Lord of the Flies before but it had been a while. I can't say that I LIKE this book, but I definitely think it is worth reading. It is pretty short and it has an interesting plot so it is easy to get through. I just find the comment on society a little bit disturbing, not wrong, just not the part I like to think about. Excellent writing though, definitely a style that not many people use anymore. I recommend reading Lord of the Flies if you like books written with purpose and you are interested in reading a classic novel because it is a good one to start with.

No comments: