Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Lion Among Men

By Gregory MaguireThis is the reason that I reread the previous two books. I picked up this third book in the Wicked Years at Barnes and Noble a while back and have been wanting to read it. But I hate reading a book in a series without reading the books that come before it. Obsessive I know. This book is the story of the Cowardly Lion. It covers both before and after the incident with Dorothy. In a very nice, coherent manner. And I like it. My only complaint is that Son of a Witch left me hanging with Liir and I wish that I found out more about what happened to him in this book. But that is only my complaint. The story is good and I love the history that is woven around this character. Now I want to know more about what happens to him next. I also want to have a meeting with all of the characters in these stories and set them straight about how they could have just all been friends, without all of the intrigue. But I guess that would ruin the story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so is another book coming, coz I don't want to read it till theyare all done.mom